Unauthorized Practice: If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, is it a duck?

The Real Estate Act is clear. You need a licence to work as a mortgage broker, as a real estate broker, or as a real estate appraiser. This licensing requirement is fundamental to consumer protection.

But, what about when you have a licence for one industry – for example, you’re a licensed real estate associate – but some of your conduct crosses the line into an industry in which you are not licensed?